Summer vacation is aaallmmooooost here, and I’m super psyched for it. I’m a runner, and during the summer, I’m going to get to be running WAY more, so I wanted to make some energy balls! But you totally don’t have to be a runner to make these! These are super easy to make and can be made in under 10 minutes. In addition to this, they also need very few tools! The main one I would suggest to get is this scoop my grandma originally got me, which has one end as a tablespoon and one end as a teaspoon and an edge that can be used to cut cookie dough! It’s a really awesome tool and you pop whatever’s in it right out because it’s made of silicone. I super highly recommend it!
I found this recipe when I was
procrastinating cleaning my room like a good girl (YES MOM, I’M DOING IT), but there was really only a picture. But through a bit of experimenting, I came up with an awesome, great tasting recipe. The chia seeds are really high in protein and a bunch of other stuff that’s really good for you, and the peanut butter also has protein! This recipe makes 25 balls and can easily be multiplied if needed!
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) cranberries
- 70 grams (3 tbsp plus 1 tsp) honey
- 160 grams (1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp) oats
- 43 grams (1 tbsp plus 1 tsp) chia seeds
- 190 grams (1/4 cup) peanut butter
- Combine the coconut, cranberries, oats, and chia seeds in a medium bowl and mix ‘em up!
- Add the peanut butter and honey and stir SUPER well to make sure everything is fully incorporated and it feels sticky enough to stay in a ball. If it doesn’t come together well, add a little more peanut butter at a time until it does.
- Using the tablespoon part of the tool, scoop out a heaping tablespoon and gently shape it into a ball.
- Lay them out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pop them in the freezer. Now you’re done! Take a bite of one and savor how amazisizing it is. And yes, that’s a word.