Hey guys! Thanks to everybody who watched my craftalong! Here’s a link to the slideshow we made. Also, the video is on the 30-50 Feral Physician Artists, or you can see it here.
As a recap, here are some of the steps:
- Get a hosting account (we use Bluehost)
- Choose a domain name (mine is craftbakemake.com, for example!)
- Install plugins – Contact Form 7, Classic Editor, and Yoast SEO. We got rid of OptinMoster, Hello Dolly – all of the automatically installed ones except for Akismit and Jetpack.
- Choose a theme! You can do this with premium themes from themeforest.net, or use the included ones with WordPress. Find the Appearance widget on the bar on the left to find them. We bought the premium theme “Avada” from themeforest, but you can choose whatever theme works best for your site. There are lots of free WordPress theme options you can find online.
- Customize your site however you want – you can add a menu, a footer, a logo, anything!
- To post something, go to posts on the left hand side, write your post, and press publish. Don’t forget to add a featured image and set it into a category!
Here are a few more resources to help you learn how to use WordPress:
Good luck – please let us know if you need extra help! Can’t wait to see if anyone will … DOT COM YOURSELF!